The people who run Moore Security are incredibly knowledgeable, kind, responsive and trustworthy.
Home Watch is a visual inspection of a home or property, looking for obvious issues
At Moore Security and Services, Cape Cod Property Management and Home Management is our specialty.
Our team will oversee the complete care and management of your Cape Cod home and property, so that whether you are in your home year-round, or only part of the year, you can be confident that your home is in good hands.
We will also execute or manage your home repair needs, winterize or spring clean your home, and take care of general home maintenance. Please see our “Property Management” page for a comprehensive list of possibilities.
Moore Security Home Watch Checklist:
(sent to the homeowner weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly according to contract)
- Proper Heating/Cooling
- Electrical (lights, switches, malfunctions)
- Plumbing (free/clear running water)
- Toilets (flushed, cleaned)
- Hot Water (verify on/off)
- Any sign of water in basement
- Visual check for pests, rodents
- Appliances (dishwasher, refrigerator, stove, disposal)
- Phone/Alarm System (dial tone/communication)
- Plants (maintained and watered while you are away)
- Musty Odors (moisture, mildew, odors)
- Windows/Doors (secure, proper operating)
- Smoke Alarms (status lights OK, test if needed)
- Security System (activated/set)
- Mail, Newspapers, Flyers (collect)
- Security Lighting (exterior adjust as needed)
- Evidence of Leaks/Damage (house/roof)
- Lawn/Landscaping (healthy/maintained)
- Doors/Entry Way (properly secured)
- Lot Drainage (standing water)
- Garbage (refuse can at home)
- Gutters/Down Spouts (open, well mounted)
- Irrigation (leaks/adjust scheduled if necessary)
- Gas leaks
- Storm Inspection
- 24 Hour Emergency Response
We are pleased to announce the addition of Mike Walther and Laura Eldridge (formerly of Cape House Caretakers) as part of our Home Watch Team!
Mike has lived on the Lower Cape off and on for his entire life. In fact, his family has owned property in Chatham since the 1940’s, where he spent summers as a child. He graduated from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst in 1991 and joined his family’s insurance agency, working as Vice President & COO until its sale in 2004. He maintains his insurance broker license to this day. He is an avid golfer and has been employed by Cape Cod National Golf Club in Brewster since 2008. Mike prides himself on outstanding customer service skills, professionalism and passion for “doing the job right.” Mike has been involved in the community for years having been a Rotary Club member and youth sports coach among other things. Besides golf, Mike likes to spend time with his wife and 2 teenage children, logging a lot of road time to attend his children’s sporting events and activities all over New England.
Laura is a wash-ashore, born and raised in the Tri-State area. After graduating in 1984 from Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio, she attended graduate school at University of Colorado in Boulder, though a summer spent on the Cape derailed her plans to become a college English professor. The Cape felt like “home” and the rest is history. Married to a native Cape Codder, with whom she has run the family landscape business for over 25 years, Laura has a wide range of skills and experiences related to home watch services. She has been the caretaker for many properties over the years and excels at organizational and technology. An avid beekeeper and gardener, Laura has lived in Brewster for over 30 years, with her husband, 2 children and a variety of chickens.